Tuesday, March 29, 2011

EP Tracks Mastered...Now Onto Music Videos

I've decided to release a 5 song Album/EP which will happen sometime this summer!
Recently I had the last few tracks Mastered at the Kitchen Mastering in Carrboro, NC by Brent Lambert. I love working with Brent.

When I arrived for my session there Brent was working on the new Ani Difranco album. I found that pretty fascinating as Ani Difranco was the one that inspired me to pick up a guitar....back in the mid 90s. I became such a rabid fan and would travel all over to see her play. I'd wait in lines all day long to get the best spots for her shows. I would pre-order all her albums and yes I learned many of her songs on the guitar and played them out. During all of this I started writing my own songs . . .

So, I haven't really been listening to Ani for quite some time. But I actually thought the production on this new record Brent was mastering is pretty rad. I only heard a bit of two songs... If this were me back in the 90s I'd be going nuts...being able to hear some songs off the album before it's release.

Let me get back on track . . . So with the completion of the songs for my EP I'm now in the process of working on a music video for the first single. It's so exciting to put visuals to the song. The first single will be a song titled "In Your Arms". A song I wrote years ago. It has gone through so many different transformations. I am in love with where it ended up.

We are still in the brainstorming part of the music video process. I'm working with some great folks/friends Benjamen Relf and Sarah Romney. So I've been watching so many music videos for inspiration. Here is one I found last night:



I'm bound to post more and more videos as that's where I am at . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Brooklyn based Alternative Dance Pop artist with a slight southern accent.