Sunday, December 11, 2011

Andy Kuncl By Ryan Obermeyer


Andy Kuncl By Ryan Obermeyer
In July I had the pleasure of working with the talented Ryan Obermeyer in Austin, TX.  It was such a fun collaborative experience.  This photo was shot in 100°F+ temperatures just outside of Barton Springs Pool...The section of Zilker Metropolitan Park that is free and where it seems a lot of folks like to take their dogs.

Here's a photo of Ryan as we are leaving the area where we shot:

It's amazing to me what Ryan is able to do in post production.  He has a background in painting, sculpture, and drawing and he creates his digital images using all these modalities. . . .well at least approaching his photographs as if they are paintings or sculptures.  I don't want to give it all away, but many elements in the finished photograph were added in post production.

I was a big fan of Ryan's work before we met and began our collaboration.  So, needless to say, I was and still am super excited about working with Ryan.  He has also created with/for many other artists/musicians that I admire...such as Imogen Heap and Milosh

Omg...and just as we were done with the photo shoot...just after we got out of the water...a water moccasin appeared right where I had been standing!  It was amazing.  I can say that because we were safe and not in it's way.  I took a video of it swimming along . . . so beautiful.  Here it is:

Cheers.




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Brooklyn based Alternative Dance Pop artist with a slight southern accent.